10 mistakes that freelancers do
1. Not charging enough: Many freelancers fail to set a rate that adequately reflects their skills and experience.
2. Not setting payment terms: Not setting clear payment terms and expectations up front can lead to painful misunderstandings.
3. Not staying organized: Freelancers often lack the organizational structure of an office environment, which can lead to missed deadlines and lost invoices.
4. Not diversifying: Relying on a single client for most of your income can be a recipe for disaster..
5. Not networking: Networking with other freelancers and industry professionals is key to finding new clients and opportunities.
6. Not invoicing promptly: Failing to invoice promptly can result in lost income and angry clients.
7. Not keeping track of expenses: Failing to keep records of expenses can result in missed tax deductions.
8. Not setting boundaries: Freelancers often forget to set boundaries between work and personal life, which can lead to burnout.
9. Not preparing for taxes: Failing to adequately prepare for taxes can leave you with a nasty surprise come tax time.
10. Not investing in yourself: Not investing in yourself can lead to stagnation and a lack of career growth.