Cold and fevers are the most common illness. But there are some home remedies for cold. Fever and colds are mainly caused by different viruses. Our bodies can easily come in contact with different viruses and become infected by them. And then occurs the common ailments like fever and colds.
Cold and fever cause many uncomfortable health conditions like a runny nose, blocked sinuses, headache, sore throat, body aches, excessive chill, etc. Cold and fever usually go away on their own within 5-6 days. However, in order to keep the body’s immune system, strong various antibiotics can be taken at this time and some home remedies also work like medicine in this case. In fact, home remedies are more popular and safer for common ailments like fever and cold rather than medicines.
From time immemorial people have relied mostly on home remedies for cold and fever. And these methods are quite effective. Here we are going to mention some common home remedies for cold and fever.
Home remedies for cold and fever :
- Menthol: Menthol comes from various mind plants. It gives relief from blocked sinuses and congested airways. Also, it has pain-relieving and antibacterial effects that help with the symptoms of cold and fever.
- Vitamin D : When our body gets affected by foreign particles like viruses and bacteria, our internal defense system fights against those microorganisms. And at some point, the immune system becomes quite weak. Vitamin D plays a role in boosting the immune system. Vitamin D prevents and reduces the chances of getting a cold and fever.
- Berries: Berries contain polyphenols that fight flu viruses. Some research shows that berry extracts help fight off influenza.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C keeps the immune system healthy. It can shorten the duration of cold symptoms. Vitamin C provides relief from upper respiratory tract infections.
- Ginger tea: Ginger has been used in home remedies for cold and fever for centuries. Giner is the best solution for almost every type of health condition. It is full of antibacterial properties that help to cure fever, cough, and other symptoms.
- Milk and turmeric: Turmeric has strong antioxidants that help with many common health problems and milk is full of all kinds of nutrients. The mixture of milk and turmeric is touted for its immune-boosting properties. This drink has antiviral and antifungal properties that help to prevent colds and fever.
- Flaxseeds: Flax is an essential medicinal herb that contains antioxidants that is beneficial for overall health and also it help our body fight off illness. It is one of the best home remedies for cold and fever.
- Jaggery solution: Jaggery Solution is a mixture of water, jaggery, black pepper, and cumin. A glass of warm jaggery solution gives relief from heart congestion.
- Spiced tea: Spiced tea is made with basil, ginger, black pepper, and cloves. These ingredients are well known for fighting against cold and fever. This spiced tea gives quick relief from problems like fever and cold.
- Honey: Honey is full of antimicrobial particles which fight bacteria and viruses. Actually honey doesn’t cure a cold but it gives relief from uncomfortable symptoms that are caused by cold and fever. It also soothes the sore throat.