Migraine is nowadays a very common health issue. It is basically a neurological disease. It causes a strong headache and sometimes Nausea, sensitivity to light, vomiting, etc. Here are some migraine home remedies for you.
There is no medicine that can permanently cure this disease but regular medication and a disciplined lifestyle can save us from frequent migraine attacks. Besides doctor prescribed medicine some Home remedies can also help to give some relief from migraine. Like-
Migraine home remedies
- Cool it down: To decrease migraine pain the cooling down process is undoubtedly helpful. Putting some ice cubes or a cloth rinsed in cold water on the neck, forehead or scalp can remove the pain gradually. Experts aren’t sure yet why and how the process actually works but it is conceivable that the process works by reducing blood flow.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is a natural stimulant that can be found in coffee, tea etc. It can give temporary relief from migraine pain. Besides, it also helps to absorb migraine drugs faster.
- Less light and noise: Sometimes loud noise and bright light can increase the headache and the pain stays for long. In this situation, a dark and noise-free place works like medicine.
- Exercise: Regular exercise and meditation can really keep migraine pain away. Exercise helps our body to release endorphins; a hormone that fights pain keeps us stress-free and gives us a better sleep. But it is wise to ignore any kind of exercise if you are already in the middle of a migraine attack.
- Proper sleep: Irregularities in sleep can make migraine worse. Every day 7-8 hours of sleep and maintaining the timing of sleep is really necessary for migraine issues.
- Magnesium: It can be found in dark veggies and nuts, some studies show that magnesium can prevent migraine. It can also be taken in pill form, in that case, doctors’ permission is needed.
- Yoga: Yoga can prevent migraine by loosening tight areas like the neck, head, and shoulders. Adho mukha svanasana, Prasarita padottanasana, Shishuasana, Janu Sirsasana these yoga practices are considered to be good for migraine.
- Vitamin B2: It is also known as Riboflavin. It can commonly be found in chees, Fish, chicken, etc. It can also be taken in pill form. Vit B2 helps in the production of the sleep hormone, melatonin and helps to cure migraine.