Although bitter in taste, health benefits of bitter gourd is wonderful. It is a nutritious vegetable. It contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Folate, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium and many more. It is very important to eat bitter gourd regularly to increase immunity during this time of virus panic.
Health benefits of bitter gourd
- A very crucial benefits of bitter gourd is it helps to reduce excess blood sugar levels.
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure. Regular consumption of bitter gourd (karala) lowers the level of LDL or bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Regularly eating bitter gourd reduces the risk of cancer.
- The anti-oxidant properties and vitamin C in bitter gourd boost the body’s immunity. It also helps reduce the incidence of allergies and infections.
- The anti-oxidant ingredients in bitter gourd help to remove the contaminants in the blood. This reduces the risk of premature skin aging. In addition, vitamins A, C and zinc in bitter gourd reduce wrinkles and keep the skin taut.
- You can drink bitter gourd juice every day to reduce fat. The dietary fiber in it does not make you hungry for a long time. As a result, weight loss begins naturally. In addition, several studies have shown that the various minerals and other beneficial elements in bitter gourd play a special role in shedding body fat.
- bitter gourd keeps the liver well. It reduces the incidence of indigestion and acidity.