On the way back from office, Helena brought a bunch of fresh roses and put them in a beautiful vase. The flowers smell nice. There is no match for colorful flowers to decorate the house. But as soon as two days pass, the beautiful flowers fall.
If you want to keep the flowers in the vase fresh for a long time, you have to follow some tips.
- Do not cut the flower stem too short. When cutting the stem, cut at a 45 degree angle.
- The part of the stem in the vase that is submerged in water should not have any leaves on it. If there are leaves, the stem will rot quickly.
- When buying a bouquet of flowers, buy a bouquet that has more than half of the buds. There will be blooming for a long time.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, two teaspoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of bleach to make a mixture and pour it into the vase. Flowers will stay fresh for a long time.
- Never use boiling water for keeping flowers. Soak the flowers in a jar or vase with cold tap water.
- Change the water once in two days.
- Mix salt and vinegar in the water before placing the flowers in the vase, the flowers will stay fresh for a long time.
- If you want to maintain the brightness of the flower, add a few drops of lemon juice to the water.
- Do not place vases with flowers in direct sunlight.
- Do not put the vase in a cold spot.